Monday, August 18, 2008

Family Vacation

At the beginning of August we drove up to the Seattle area (Duvall) for a week of Powell family fun. The drive up was AMAZING. I mean it. We got a bunch of books on cd for the kids and it kept them quiet and happy for all 13 hours of the drive. We had a nice pit-stop at Cameron and Courtney's house and picked up an extra passenger (Carson). The boys had so much fun together. It was great. The only bad thing was Audrey throwing up about an hour away and the smell. Oh it was enough to make me want to chuck my cookies! Other then that it was perfect.

We did so many things that I've decided to post each day separately as to not have this be a crazy long post.


The kids on the drive.

A little break at a random rest stop in Oregon. 

Audrey, happy to be out of the car seat.


4 comments:

Jessica Munk said...

Looks like a fun trip! What kind of car is that? We are looking into getting a bigger car with 3 rows but nothing is that appealing except of course the minivan of which I don't want the stigma! ;)

Camille Powell said...

It's a good old Honda Odyssey. I love it!

Shar said...

so Audrey looks not so happy in the carseat pic, but then that pic of her out of the car made me laugh. It's like "yes I'm FREE!" she is so cute.

I can't believe you did 13 hours in the car with 3 - no 4 - kids. I think my parents drove at night so we would sleep. but that worked b/c they let us make a bed in the back of the station wagon and we loved it. it was like camping out.

be you blithe and bonny said...

That is the cutest little pic of audrey!!!! I will have to try the books on cd for our next trip!