Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wednesday

We headed into the city to check out Pike Place Market. The kids had fun seeing the fish being thrown and I loved all the fresh produce and flowers. It was so beautiful. We had lunch at a little Russian bakery and although I was really the only one who like it, the boys (Spencer included) thought it wasn't too bad.




Ryan "enjoying" the Russian food.  

Ethan proving that he tasted the food.


The boys both insisted that they just had to have grilled corn on the cob.  I let Ryan ride on my shoulders on the walk back to the car.  BIG mistake. By the end of the walk I had the buttery corn shoved up my nose because Ryan was trying to share a bite with me.  All the people walking by us got a big kick out of it.  It was rather humorous, although I was a bit greasy looking for the rest of the day.


After Pike Place we headed to the city center where we took the kids to the Pacific Science Center. There were so many cool exhibits and we spent well over five hours there. Some highlights of the day were the butterfly room (Audrey loved this so much. She laughed harder than I've ever heard her and couldn't get enough of the butterflies), the kayak rides, making liquid nitrogen ice cream and bubble stations everywhere. We hit an I-max movie on race cars, played a giant size game of checkers, went back to the time of dinosaurs and then blasted into space in a rocket ship.

Two headed Ethan.

Rock climber Ryan.

Making liquid nitrogen ice cream.

Tasting the ice cream.  It was pretty yummy!

Audrey and Ryan enjoying the butterfly house.



We then met up with the Harper's, Mom, Dad, and the girls at a park for a late dinner and let the kids play.

Ethan mastered the slider.

Spencer and I had a nice chat with Isaac.  He's such a great kid!

Tire swing madness.  I got sick just watching them.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Ethan had to get off shortly after this picture was taken because he was feeling a little queazy.

Audrey was ready for bed so she decided to lay on the sidewalk.

Spencer and Duane

4 comments:

be you blithe and bonny said...

Can you adopt me?
You're such a great mom! I want a ride on someone's shoulders while eating grilled corn-on-the cob!

Dana Broderick said...

i enjoyed all your updates! you guys are seriously such a CUTE family! your kids look happy! let me know if you ever come to AZ! i guess we live closer now. :)

SPENCERS said...

You have been BUSY! How fantastically fun! I just realized that Ethan is looking so grown up! Holy cow. He was only born like 2 or 3 years ago for heaven's sake! I love the pic of all the kids holding hands before the park-so cute!

the blonde potato said...

Nice separating of the posts! If only I could just put a link to your blog on mine because I STILL haven't posted the Seattle trip. Good times, good times...