That one day I will just LOVE having boys! Don't get me wrong I love my boys, but they just do the darndest things.
Ethan came home from school today and I asked him the usual question:
Did you learn anything at school today that you found interesting?
Ethan (his eyes brightening with joy): Yes I did!!! Watch this!!!
He then proceeded to show me how to make tooty-mc-fruity noises using his armpit. The whole while he's doing this his eyes are sparkling with pure joy.
My next example of how sometimes I struggle with being the mother of boys actually just happened. The boys were quarreling over something (does there really need to be a legit reason???) When I had to stop my typing because Ryan hurled himself from the couch to kick Ethan. The kick was powerful enough to knock Ethan and Ryan to the ground and of course there were injuries.
It just keeps getting better. Right now Ethan is initiating Ryan into a club. In order to be able to look into the club's secret tin you have to sniff your "stinky toes" ten times. Ryan of course has no problem with this and is currently sniffing his toes. Where do they come up with these things, and what happened to my cute little boys?????
Does anyone with older boys have any advice for this baffled mom???
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Here's to hoping
Posted by Camille Powell at 3:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Camille!
My advice is this, (and believe me, today I've had to tell myself this over and over. . . just ask Becca!) just love 'em and enjoy 'em. Because one day they'll be the love of someone else's life. (and then I'll have to worry about daughter-in-laws!!!)
Love ya Camille!
I'll be honest with you, I got nothin'. I think I probably could have handled one boy, but two are definitely out of my league. I'm destined to deal with lots of angst and drama:). Love you!
PS. Maja could probably compete with Ryan on the stinky toes...we are working on the concept of wearing CLEAN socks every day, not wearing the same ones for a few days (EW!)
I linked on you from Aimee's blog. I must say I think your boys are adorable. They are super creative and right on track!!
It's good to hear that other boys, not just mine do these things.
Post a Comment