Friday, September 26, 2008

Brotherly Love

Today I let the boys put blankets down at the bottom of the basement stairs and slide down the stairs into the fluff (this was a beloved game of my own growing up).  They soon stopped the sliding and started jumping from the stairs into the blankets below.  I instructed them that the highest they could jump from was the third stair up.  They were obedient and enjoyed at least a half hour of fun doing this.  I thought they were finished with their game and heading up the stairs (because they were on the second to the top stair).  Ethan lovingly put his arm around Ryan and said, "I love you Ryan, you are such a great brother." I had a great mom moment where I just thought, how cute. However Ethan then said:  "Ryan, I really hope you don't get killed, now JUMP!!!"  Me: "NOOOOOOO!  Ryan don't jump."  Luckily Ryan obeyed and Ethan said, "Sheesh mom, he wouldn't really get killed."  I explained you can still get really hurt even if it doesn't end in death.  At least I know they love each other right?

5 comments:

kt said...

HAHAHA! That is too funny!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Your stories crack me up. Your kids will so appreciate that you wrote them down for them. Thank goodness you were there close enough and that Ryan did obey.

Zach and Sarah said...

At least he told Ryan how much he loved him BEFORE trying to convince him to jump. No regrets, you know?

the blonde potato said...

Its funny how they think that its either like death or a small owie, but nothing in between. Too funny.

Alissa said...

This is great! I miss those boys!